Response to Coronavirus
Central Louisiana Regional Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Business Resource Information
Businesses are concerned about their long term viability, as well as the health and wellbeing of their employees and customers. The Central LA Regional Chamber of Commerce is working with partner organizations, community leaders, and state and federal officials to provide information, links and direct services to chamber members and the business community during the current state of emergency.
The Chamber office located at 1118 Third Street in Alexandria is closed in accordance with the Stay-at-Home order, but is fully operational with staffers working from home.
If you are a business in need of assistance, please call or email us.
Governmental Relations, Policy, Strategy, State and Federal Legislation
Small Business Government Assistance Information
U.S. Chamber Connection
Deborah Randolph, President, Central LA Regional Chamber of Commerce
Membership/Event Information, Requests to Share Information with Chamber Members
Cindy Cespiva, Membership/Events Director
Small Business Owners: Make your voice heard! Take the Survey.
October 14, 2020
Louisiana Main Street Recovery Program QuickRelief Update
September 5, 2020
Emergency Continues – Certain Blood Types Out of Stock
September 4, 2020
SBA Stands Ready to Assist Louisiana Businesses and Residents Affected by Hurricane Laura
August 30, 2020
Impacted By Hurricane Laura? Get the Latest Business Recovery Information
August 28, 2020
Notice: Now Accepting New Applications for COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loans
August 24, 2020
With Two Storms in the Gulf, Learn More About How to Keep Your Business, Employees and Communities Safe
August 24, 2020
Week 11 (August 10-14, 2020) Mobile Van Testing
August 6, 2020
BACK-TO-SCHOOL COVID TESTING BLITZ
July 31, 2020
FACE COVERING ORDER GUIDANCE - 7-12-20
July 12, 2020
Is Your Business Hiring? Virtual Career Fair July 23, and August 12, 2020.
July 9, 2020
Treasurer Schroder: Main Street To Start Taking Grant Applications By July 28
July 1, 2020
Updated: November 12, 2020
LSUA CENLA ECONOMIC DASHBOARD FOR NOVEMBER RELEASED
ALEXANDRIA, La. – The Louisiana State University of Alexandria College of Business released its November 2020 issue of the CENLA Economic Dashboard.
“Hurricane Laura recovery efforts significantly increased consumer spending in September,” said Dr. Randall Dupont, Dean of the LSUA College of Business and author of the monthly Dashboard.
All nine Central Louisiana jurisdictions reported higher tax revenues in October, reflecting a significant increase in consumer spending in September. Alexandria and Pineville saw increases of 30% in September over August, while Rapides increased 35%. Hurricane recovery efforts positively impacted hotel occupancy in Rapides, which increased 88% in September compared to a month earlier and was 102% above the September 2019 level. Year-to-date sales tax revenue for all jurisdictions remains ahead of last year’s level, with the exception of Concordia and La Salle. Vehicles sales were strong again in September, particularly in Rapides and Avoyelles which saw monthly increases of 29% and 26%, respectively.
“Employment remained resilient in Central Louisiana in September and October,” said Dean Dupont. In September, the Alexandria MSA had the lowest unemployment rate in the state among major metropolitan areas at 6.0%, while the state averaged 8.2%. La Salle again had the lowest unemployment in the state at 4.7%. The Alexandria metro area continues to have the tight labor market. In September there were 5,296 job openings and 3,897 unemployed, meaning there were 1.35 jobs for every unemployed person. Statewide, Louisiana has two unemployed for every job opening. Three sectors hardest hit during the pandemic, health care, retail trade, and accommodations and food services, accounted for 53% of all job openings statewide in October.
The strong job market is also reflected in lower unemployment claims. In Central Louisiana, average weekly initial unemployment claims fell from 906 in September to 570 in October, a 37% decline, while average weekly continued unemployment claims in central Louisiana fell from 13,702 in September to 9,439 in October, a 31% decline.
“The housing market in the Alexandria metro area remains strong, although the pace has slowed slightly,” said Dean Dupont. Nationally, residential sales fell 3.5% in September while new residential construction grew 1.9%. Compared to last October, active listings in the Alexandria market are down 50%, pending listings are up 39%, median days on the market are down 17%, and the median listing price is up 26%. “These are all signs of a strong housing market and low interest rates are continuing to support the market.”
The CENLA Economic Dashboard is a service of the LSUA College of Business to help business and community leaders monitor the economic pulse of Central Louisiana.
To view the November 11 CENLA Economic Dashboard, click here.
Shopify will host weekly webinars for LA small business owners. You can also access previously recorded webinars at any time—learn what you want, when you want to! We will post information here about upcoming webinars.
Are you looking for a career with a leading manufacturer of consumer products?
The Central Louisiana Regional Chamber of Commerce has compiled the following list of businesses currently hiring for a variety of full-time and part-time positions due to the increased demand for goods and services.
Please let us know if your business is hiring by sending an email to Cindy Cespiva at email@example.com. Please include the company name, a brief description of the open position or positions and instructions on how to apply.
- Surveillance Epi Positions Click Here
- Payne, Mooore & Herrington, LLP CPA firm is accepting resumes to fill two full-time Staff Accountant positions. Click Here
- There are currently career opportunities at Gilchrist. Apply online and become part of the GCC team today. https://www.gilchristconstruction.com/careers
- Remedy Staffing Alexandria, Position Openings: Production Machine Operators, Warehouse/Production Forklift Operators, General Laborers, apply at www.remedystaffing.com or call 318-449-WORK(9675)
- Family Care Services, Position Opening: Direct Care Staff, apply in person at 5129 Highway 28 East, Pineville
- RoyOMartin, Position Openings: Production Team Member & Construction Millwright, https://royomartin.com/people/careers/?
- Gulf Coast Social Services, Position Opening: Caregiver/Direct Service Worker, apply at www.gcssla.org or call (318)448-1801
- Pecan Grove Training Center, Position Opening: LPNs for 10p-6a, 2p-10p, and weekend doubles, call Director of Nursing at (318) 448-0291
- Perforex LLC, Position Opening: Class A CDL Truck Driver, call (318) 445-6799
- Leading Health Care of Louisiana, Position Opening: Direct Support Worker, apply at https://www.Lhcla.com
- ProTemp Staffing Solutions, Position Opening: Manufacturing, apply at 1150 Expressway Drive Suite 102, Pineville, LA
- DIS-TRAN Overhead Solutions, Position Opening: Temporary at Treatment Facility, apply at http://distran.com
- Albertsons https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers
- Aramark https://allcareers-aramark.icims.com/jobs
- CVS Pharmacy https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
- Dollar Tree https://www.dollartree.com/careers-stores/
- Family Dollar https://www.dollartree.com/careers-stores/
- Express Employment Professionals https://www.expresspros.com/AlexandriaLA
- Kroger https://jobs.kroger.com/
- Home Depot https://careers.homedepot.com
- Lowe's https://jobs.lowes.com/employment/
- Office Depot https://officedopot.com/jobs
- Sonic https://careers.sonicdrivein.com/us/en
- Target https://corporate.target.com/careers
- Waitr https://waitrapp.com/careers
- Walgreens https://jobs.walgreens.com/
- Wendy's - Alexandria https://www.snagajob.com/company/wendys