Response to Coronavirus
Central Louisiana Regional Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Business Resource Information
Businesses are concerned about their long term viability, as well as the health and wellbeing of their employees and customers. The Central LA Regional Chamber of Commerce is working with partner organizations, community leaders, and state and federal officials to provide information, links and direct services to chamber members and the business community during the current state of emergency.
The Chamber office located at 1118 Third Street in Alexandria is closed in accordance with the Stay-at-Home order, but is fully operational with staffers working from home.
If you are a business in need of assistance, please call or email us.
Governmental Relations, Policy, Strategy, State and Federal Legislation
Small Business Government Assistance Information
U.S. Chamber Connection
Deborah Randolph, President, Central LA Regional Chamber of Commerce
Membership/Event Information, Requests to Share Information with Chamber Members
Cindy Cespiva, Membership/Events Director
New Guidelines Issued for SBA PPP
Friday - May 22, 2020
Area Businesses Hiring
The Central Louisiana Regional Chamber of Commerce has compiled the following list of businesses currently hiring for a variety of full-time and part-time positions due to the increased demand for goods and services.
Please let us know if your business is hiring by sending an email to Cindy Cespiva at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the company name, a brief description of the open position or positions and instructions on how to apply.
- Albertsons https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers
- Aramark https://allcareers-aramark.icims.com/jobs
- CVS Pharmacy https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
- Dollar Tree https://www.dollartree.com/careers-stores/
- Family Dollar https://www.dollartree.com/careers-stores/
- Express Employment Professionals https://www.expresspros.com/AlexandriaLA
- Kroger https://jobs.kroger.com/
- Home Depot https://careers.homedepot.com
- Lowe's https://jobs.lowes.com/employment/
- Office Depot https://officedopot.com/jobs
- Sonic https://careers.sonicdrivein.com/us/en
- Target https://corporate.target.com/careers
- Waitr https://waitrapp.com/careers
- Walgreens https://jobs.walgreens.com/
- Wendy's - Alexandria https://www.snagajob.com/company/wendys
- RoyOMartin, Position Openings: Production Team Member & Construction Millwright, https://royomartin.com/people/careers/?
- Gulf Coast Social Services, Position Opening: Caregiver/Direct Service Worker, apply at www.gcssla.org or call (318)448-1801
- Pecan Grove Training Center, Position Opening: LPNs for 10p-6a, 2p-10p, and weekend doubles, call Director of Nursing at (318) 448-0291
- Perforex LLC, Position Opening: Class A CDL Truck Driver, call (318) 445-6799
- Leading Health Care of Louisiana, Position Opening: Direct Support Worker, apply at https://www.Lhcla.com
- ProTemp Staffing Solutions, Position Opening: Manufacturing, apply at 1150 Expressway Drive Suite 102, Pineville, LA
- DIS-TRAN Overhead Solutions, Position Opening: Temporary at Treatment Facility, apply at http://distran.com
- Family Care Services, Position Opening: Direct Care Staff, apply in person at 5129 Highway 28 East, Pineville
- Remedy Staffing Alexandria, Position Openings: Production Machine Operators, Warehouse/Production Forklift Operators, General Laborers, apply at www.remedystaffing.com or call 318-449-WORK(9675)
- There are currently career opportunities at Gilchrist. Apply online and become part of the GCC team today. https://www.gilchristconstruction.com/careers
- Payne, Mooore & Herrington, LLP CPA firm is accepting resumes to fill two full-time Staff Accountant positions. Click Here
Updated: May 18, 2020
Additional Government COVID-19 Resources
DOL Outlines Coronavirus Relief Law’s Paid Leave Requirements
SBA Loan Information - COVID-19 Disaster
LDR extends state income tax deadline due to coronavirus public health emergency
Gov. Edwards Announces Louisiana's Roadmap to Resilience Will Start Phase 2
June 1, 2020
Gov. Edwards Signs Order Moving Louisiana to Phase One
May 15, 2020
Gov. Edwards: Louisiana will Move to Phase One Statewide on May 15, COVID-19 Stay at Home Order will be Lifted for Louisianans
May 11, 2020
Click on the link to register your business to receive updated communication, notifications, and helpful guidance via email from the State Fire Marshal’s Office specific to your business type.
May 4, 2020
The U.S. Chamber has released new information regarding the federal government’s response to the ongoing pandemic.
April 29, 2020
April 27, 2020
The Retail Industry Association and the National Retail Federation have issued a blueprint for shopping safely in preparation for reopening retail establishments.
OSHA’s Response to Workplace Safety and Coronavirus Exposure
The SBA resumes accepting PPP loan applications on Monday, April 27, 2020 after Congress replenishes funding for PPP and SBA EIDL loans. Click here for details.
April 27, 2020
LEGISLATIVE LEADERS ESTABLISH ADVISORY TASK FORCE TO HELP JUMP-START THE LOUISIANA ECONOMY
April 17, 2020
Guidance from GOHSEP/LHD/DOA on Procurement Opportunities for Supplies and Services related to the COVID-19 Event.
April 7, 2020
Updated U.S. Chamber Guides/Links SBA Disaster Loan/Employee Retention Tax Credit/Paycheck Protection Program
Updated April 2, 2020
Please find attached and at the links below new and updated resources that the U.S. Chamber has developed to assist businesses access resources created under the CARES Act (Phase III bill). This includes an update to the guide we released several days ago on the Paycheck Protection Program.
- NEW - Guide to SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)
- NEW - Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit
- UPDATED – Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist (Paycheck Protection Program)
Additionally, the U.S. Department of Treasury issued additional guidance yesterday regarding the Paycheck Protection Program. Links to the resources provided by Treasury can be found on their webpage.
- A top-line overview of the program can be found here.
- If you’re a lender, more information can be found here.
- If you’re a borrower, more information can be found here.
- The application for borrowers can be found here.
We will share additional information as it becomes available.